Free Printable Guitar Chord Chart
Here's the free printable guitar chord chart sheet with all the basic guitar chords any beginning guitar player needs to know.
Print or download this sheet with beginner guitar chords for easy reference. If you have problems printing or don't know how to
read guitar chord charts, have a look here: how to read guitar chord charts.
If you need some more explanation about these guitar chords for beginners, have a look here: basic guitar chords. There are thousands of songs made with these chords, so it's a must to learn them all, whether you play acoustic or electric guitar.
The basic guitar chord chart:
The best way to get these basic guitar chords in your fingers is by playing songs. Try to memorize the guitar chord chart as quickly as possible,
but be patient with yourself because it takes some time until you can play the chords swiftly and with a clean sound.
These are some of the possible difficulties you can run into:
- The chord doesn't sound clean. Some strings make a buzzing sound and some strings don't give any sound at all.
- Your finger might be too far away from the fret or too close to it.
- If a string doesn't sound you might be touching it with the flesh of an adjacent finger. Keep the finger nails of your left hand short. Your fingers should be almost 90 degrees against the fret board
and long finger nails prevent you from doing this.
- Try to apply more pressure
- The transition between 2 chords goes very slow
- That's normal for a beginner. Keep on practicing!
When learning songs, take out the chord changes you have trouble with and practice them a while on their own without bothering about the other chords.
- Your fingers hurt
- that's normal too. keep on going till your finger tops produce a layer of corn.
Give yourself some time, your hands need to adjust to the new task they've just been given.
What about the right hand?
A good question, as there's no avail in learning chords without producing any sound. There's two things you can do with your right hand (in terms of playing chords):
strumming and finger picking.
Back to Guitar Chord Charts
All guitar chord charts © 2010 Dirk Laukens